Data and Human Resource Management
Location: MindEdge LMS
Total PDUs (Contact Hours): 3 Hours (Access Time: 90 days)
Modules: Mobile-friendly, audio-enabled, badge and credit-awarding, real-world case studies, fully accessible, games & flashcards, expert-supported, and video content
Big data and data analytics are changing how businesses run and managers do their jobs. In this course, you will explore how human resource managers use data to provide better support to the employees they manage and to contribute to the strategic practices of their organizations.
You will learn about different kinds of data and analyses, and you will consider how data collection and organization may factor in problem-solving processes. We will also review issues pertaining to data collection and employee privacy and confidentiality.
Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
- Explain the value of big data and analytics for human resource managers
- Identify different types of data that are useful for human resource managers
- Describe various ways of analyzing data
- Perform simple data analyses and understand some basic analytic tools
- Develop a plan for collecting data
- Understand the advantages and disadvantages of certain data types and collection methods
- Distinguish between correlation and causation
- Identify some biases and errors data collection may be subject to
- Present data in clear and compelling ways
- Consider the advantages and disadvantages of different ways to store data
- Reflect on some of the threats of big data, including threats to confidentiality and privacy as well as the potential for discrimination
This is a virtual course with volunteer tutoring from the ESI Global School. Participants can contact ESI Global School admission team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This is a virtual course and there is no mandatory admission requirements rather than English proficiency. Participants can contact ESI Global School admission team at email@example.com for tutoring and assistance.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours. This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments. Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 2 | Technical PM PDUs: 0.5 | CEUs: .3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours) | HRCIs: 3 | SHRMs: 3