Introduction to HRM
Location: MindEdge LMS
Total PDUs (Contact Hours): 3 Hours (Access Time: 90 days)
Modules: Mobile-friendly, audio-enabled, badge and credit-awarding, real-world case studies, fully accessible, games & flashcards, expert-supported, and video content
Human resource management includes the vital tasks of recruiting, screening, interviewing, training, appraising, disciplining, rewarding, and developing the employee–both for business and nonprofit enterprises. Since all managers have HR responsibilities, it is important that they have an understanding of the key concepts of this increasingly important function, especially since many decisions they make about employees have possible legal ramifications.
This introductory-level course draws on material from Harvard Business School professor D. Quinn Mills’ book, Principles of Human Resource Management.
Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
- Recognize and identify the key roles and responsibilities of the human resource management function
- Assess your attitude and your organization’s attitude toward human resource management
- Recognize and define HRMs strategic contribution to an organization
- Recognize and define human resources terms
- Differentiate between the day-to-day functions of the HR department and the broader concepts of human resource management
- Recognize the relationship and partnership that exist between an organizations HR Department and its line managers and identify the key responsibilities of each
- Differentiate between the structure and reporting relationships of a centralized and decentralized human resources function
- List and identify the five areas of HRM Planning
- List the three roles that an HR department must fulfil to maintain the ethical standards of an organization
- Identify the key global issues and business practices that impact HRM
This is a virtual course with volunteer tutoring from the ESI Global School. Participants can contact ESI Global School admission team at email@example.com.
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This is a virtual course and there is no mandatory admission requirements rather than English proficiency. Participants can contact ESI Global School admission team at firstname.lastname@example.org for tutoring and assistance.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours. This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments. Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 2 | Technical PM PDUs: 0.5 | CEUs: .3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours) | HRCIs: 3 | SHRMs: 3