Format: Virtual & Custom
Location: MindEdge LMS
Total PDUs (Contact Hours): 5 Hours (access Time: 90 days)
Modules: Mobile-friendly, audio-enabled, badge and credit-awarding, real-world case studies, fully accessible, games & flashcards, expert-supported, and video content
Leading a team through any task or project requires special skills, and an understanding of the team dynamic and politics. This introductory-level course for managers or anyone interested in leading teams, addresses the key issues surrounding leadership in a team environment. Why is leadership important to team success? What is required of a team leader to lead his team effectively?
This course considers how team leaders must account for the special and unique circumstances of working in a team, where responsibility, accountability, communication, and leadership are shared.
Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
- List and identify the key characteristics and types of teams
- Recognize the benefits and challenges of empowered teams that leaders need to be aware of
- Identify differences in the primary and secondary roles filled by empowered teams and team leaders
- Recognize the key sources of motivation for empowered teams
- Explain Tuckmans model of team development
- Recognize the key qualities and skills of a team leader
- State the value of using the checklist for team leaders
- Recognize and apply suggested approaches for managing conflict in teams
- Discuss the different approaches needed for leading virtual teams
This is a virtual course with volunteer tutoring from the ESI Global School. Participants can contact ESI Global School admission team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This is a virtual course and there is no mandatory admission requirements rather than English proficiency. Participants can contact ESI Global School admission team at email@example.com for tutoring and assistance.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours. This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
CAPM®/PMP®/PgMP® Leadership PDUs: 4 | PfMP® Leadership PDUs: 4 | PMI-ACP® Leadership PDUs: 4 | PMI-PBA® Leadership PDUs: 4 | PMI-RMP® Leadership PDUs: 4 | PMI-SP® Leadership PDUs: 4