Compensation and Benefits
Location: MindEdge LMS
Total PDUs (Contact Hours): 3 Hours (Access Time: 90 days)
Modules: Mobile-friendly, audio-enabled, badge and credit-awarding, real-world case studies, fully accessible, games & flashcards, expert-supported, and video content
Understanding compensation practices and policies are crucial for any business owner, HR professional, or manager. In this introductory-level course, you will consider issues surrounding the key aspects of pay policy: legal requirements, pay equity within an organization, competitive pay within the relevant industry, how and when to grant raises, and different ways payment can be structured.
Earn SHRM and HRCI credit as you develop your compensation expertise.
Curriculum & Learning Outcomes
- Differentiate between compensation systems
- Distinguish between legally mandated and discretionary benefits
- Explain how compensation and benefits relate to employee motivation
- Describe different healthcare plans and their advantages and disadvantages
- Identify the value of benefits that help employees achieve work-life balance
- Define pay for performance
- Define differential pay
- Describe methods of achieving pay equity
- Distinguish between employees and independent contractors
- Distinguish between exempt and nonexempt employees
- Comply with relevant state and federal wage and hour laws
This is a virtual course with volunteer tutoring from the ESI Global School. Participants can contact ESI Global School admission team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This is a virtual course and there is no mandatory admission requirements rather than English proficiency. Participants can contact ESI Global School admission team at email@example.com for tutoring and assistance.
This course has an “Ask the Expert” feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours. This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments. Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 2 | Technical PM PDUs: 0.5 | CEUs: .3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours) | HRCIs: 3 | SHRMs: 3